Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blessed not Lucky, that is how I feel ! Everyday I wake up I get to stay at home and raise my children. The freedom to school them at home,read to them, play with them,cuddle with them,cook for them,laugh with them ,pray with them, love them and am loved by them.The other day we were getting ready to leave the house and my older daughter said she likes when she straightens her hair because she looks like me. I melted !! What an awesome thing to have your daughter say about you. I think to myself how do I portray myself to my girls ? Always keeping myself in check. I have three little girls watching my every move, learning. What do I want them to learn ? So many things..... to love life,love people,respect for themselves as well as other culture's, to never take anything for granite,to say I'm sorry, admit their faults,to not be selfish, to serve others and to want to do it with a willing and loving heart, to forgive, confidence,to take time for people, to do what is right when nobody is watching, to love God with all they are, to trust Him with everything in their lives, that nothing is to big for Him, to always pray, to pray together as sister's, to value friendship, to work hard and have goals, as well as many others. They teach me everyday so many things about myself. I love them so much for who they are. I thank God for a man who loves me and who works with me to raise our three beautiful shades of pink.

2 comments:

  1. Katy~ What a blessing it is to call you friend! God had a plan, when for a short time our girls danced together, and we walked away with forever friends. He blessed my family with a sweet friendship that we love and cherish. I'm so thankful that our paths crossed. I learn so much about friendship, motherhood, selflessness, generosity, and so many other wonderful attributes from you. Love you!!! What you don't know is that you too are a BEAUTIFUL shade of pink! I'm sure Brian knows that in his home are not 3, but 4 gorgeous shades of pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy! Congrats on starting a blog, how fun! I loved your post! It's very touching and so true! While we've got 3 boys instead of girls, I feel the same way at times that they're always watching and learning. Welcome to blogland!!

    ReplyDelete