Thursday, April 30, 2009

Life just goes way to fast. This has really hit me lately. My oldest daughter being 11 and middle daughter right behind her at 10 are changing right before my eyes. We have had so many conversations recently about their bodies changing, friendships, peer pressure,honesty, loyalty,individuality,standing up for yourself,not compromising for their beliefs,grace, and forgiveness. Sometimes when I look at them I can't believe God has given me these little lives to raise. I know I can't do this alone but it's so sweet to know that I have a God that will help direct me and answer prayer.I've been paying attention to how I spend my time and if I'm making the most out of my day with my girls. At the end of the day getting the list done does feel good but not as good as that time with your kids. It's way to easy to plug away at the list and all of a sudden you are wondering where time went. I read something lately that stuck out to me. The danger of wasting the "now". It is so easy to let your children grow up without being taught the preciousness of today, each day. We live in such a fast pass world that we are all victim to that. I try to remind my girls to enjoy the moment ,you won't get it back. Take a deep breath and just enjoy life. My little one who is 20 months has had a fever the past 3 days . The night before last as I was putting a washcloth on her little face she would rub my arm and give me kisses. It brought tears to my eyes andI just enjoyed that moment. I shared that with my two older girls. The love we give comes back. That is such a powerful gift that God has given us. One day my girls will have sweet moments like that with their kids, what a wonderful thought !! My prayer for today and everyday is to soak up my girls,capture those teachable moments and really watch my little butterflies spread their wings a little at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Katy you have such a beautiful soul and are a loving wonderful mother and wife. The happiness and values in your home are an expression of the love you all share.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT post! I truly enjoyed it. You are such an awesome mom and an inspiration...Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete